Eat and Drink
Take a look at some of our most frequently asked questions.
Over the past couple of months our team have been working hard to ensure safety for all of our staff and customers, in accordance with the official guidelines. We have taken a number of steps to ensure this:
- All outlets have hand sanitiser stations
- All seating areas have been reviewed to ensure social distancing guidelines are met
- Our counters and till points have safety screens
- There is clear signage and floor markings around all areas, with one way systems where appropriate
- All outlets will be cashless, along with the rest of the University campus
- Cleaning schedules have been reviewed and increased, ensuring that all touch points are cleaned regularly
- We have developed a new payment process and ordering system which will give people the option to pre-order, pay and collect from an outlet to minimise wait times and queueing. There is also a delivery service for the evenings – ‘Isca Eats’.
- All staff have undertaken mandatory training in relation to COVID-19 safety practices and responsibilities
- Each location has its own cleaning station as an extra measure if additional cleaning is required by individuals
We have been reviewing our offer in relation to safe staffing capacities and our changed environments. We have had to reduce menus and make changes to our offer in some areas, but have ensured that we still provide great choices in line with current trends.
Yes! We have a new app, and webpage – ‘Eat and Shop Exeter’ where you will be able to click and collect your morning coffee and cake, or your hot or cold lunch from a number of our catering outlets.
All food and drink items are also available to takeaway – please just ask a member of staff.
Yes – we have tried as much as possible to remain sustainable as we take our commitments very seriously. We are on board with the #contactlesscoffee initiative and have designated trays or areas in our outlets and shops that will minimise any touch points. Just pop your cup down and we will fill it with your chosen drink. We also have a new range of reusable food containers in the marketplace forum shop that can be used instead of takeaway boxes in our outlets.