Check your eligibility with the postcode checker
Year 12 Nationwide
Students based outside of the South West
Applications for this pathway have now closed.
Before completing this application form, you should ensure that you have read the Residential Code of Behaviour.
This application form asks you to select a first and second choice of subject activity strand. Please find all the subject activity strands on offer, alongside full descriptions and dates, here.
If what you've seen so far sounds like it's for you, and provided that you are studying at a state school and that you fulfil the following criteria, then we want you to apply:
- You do not live in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Bristol, or Dorset (OR you are a participant in the Realising Opportunities programme)
- You have achieved a minimum of 8 GCSEs at grades A*–C or 9–4 to include GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or Grade C and above
- You are a Home/EU registered student, or you expect to be so by the time you apply for higher education
You meet one of the following 7 criteria:
- You live in a neighbourhood where a low percentage of young people progress to higher education as defined by your home postcode*
- You live in a low-income neighbourhood as defined by home postcode*
- You are in receipt of free school meals**
- You are eligible for school bursaries**
- Your parents have not studied at university
- You are or have been living in care
- You have caring responsibilities
NOTE: If you do not fulfil one of the 7 points above but you have experienced difficult family or individual circumstances that have affected your performance in exams and possibly the likelihood of you going to university then we invite you to still apply and each case will be considered on an individual basis.
*If you are not sure then you can use our postcode eligibility checker to find out if your postcode qualifies. This will also be checked by the University of Exeter once you have submitted your application
**These statements will be verified with your school or college.