Skip to main content

International Staff

Going abroad

If you are planning on returning to your home country/going overseas then you must check that this is allowed under the terms of your visa and be aware of any time out of the UK and the effect this may have on future visa or settlement applications. You will also need to seek approval from your Faculty/Professional Service and they may need to seek advice about tax/social security, etc. from the Global Employment team. 

Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2)

Please ensure the HR Immigration Team are aware you are on a Skilled Worker visa. We need to notify the Home Office within 10 days of the effective date of change if your pay or work location will be affected due to a period of leave.