Courses and resources
Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts - Practical Implications
Professional Knowledge and Business Skills
About this course:
This workshop looks at the practical implications of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
It will discuss the main principles of the Acts and encourage you to relate them to your work.
The aim of the workshop is to increase your knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts and to provide practical advice on how to comply with the Acts.
The course is an introductory level workshop explaining the key elements of the Acts and the key implications for your work.
At the end of this session it is intended that you will have:.
- Gained a basic understanding of the two Acts.
- Gained a basic understanding of the relevant legislation.
- Increased your awareness of the right of access to information.
- Developed your knowledge on what rules of good information handling consists of.
- Developed your knowledge and understanding of some simple techniques to help manage information.
Who should attend this course:
This course is suitable for any member of staff with limited knowledge of this field who may require a basic understanding to undertake their normal duties.
This course is delivered by Dan Bristow, Information Governance Officer
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com for more details.
Please add yourself to the waiting list and we will contact you once dates are available.