Courses and resources
Student Visa Overview
Professional Knowledge and Business Skills
About this course:
This course will give an overview concept of student visa sponsorship, the duties required of the University as a student visa sponsor, and the process by which students obtain a student visa.
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:.
- Explain the principles of student visa sponsorship.
- Describe the processes that the University has in place to ensure we can carry out our duties as a student visa sponsor.
- Make appropriate referrals for further advice where necessary.
- Recognise the scope of your role in working with student visa students.
- Appreciate the journey that an international student has to go through to get a visa.
Who should attend this course:
Any professional services or academic staff.
Staff specifically involved in student admissions and recruitment and academic staff considering recruiting international students (undergraduate and postgraduate).
Jim Price - Student Immigration Services.
Suzanne Aburagheb/ Amelia Mansfield - International Student Support.
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com for more details.