Courses and resources
Me as Manager - My Role (Centre 4 Learning)
Leadership & Management
About this course:
This course is designed to help you to gain clarity and confidence about your management role within Exeter.
The course explores what it means to be a manager, the difference between management and leadership, how to flex your style according to your team members? levels of skill and will; and living the Exeter values.
By the end of the session you will be able to:.
- Be clear and confident about your leadership role within the university - you are always a leader, even when not officially a manager!.
- Explain the difference between management and leadership and use the appropriate style depending on the situation.
- Understand the concept of five-way management and how to lead without authority.
- Live the University values, deep dive into what they mean and self-scoring in relation to how you live them in your role.
- Recognise the benefits of lifelong learning.
Who should attend this course:
This course is aimed at managers who are following either Pathway 1 (Essentials) or Pathway 2 (Practitioner) within our People Management Development programmes.
Delegates will be looking to grow their management skills.
You may be new to a management role, or have a few years of experience but with limited formal training.
Before the course:
Delegates will be provided with pre-reading and/or activities prior to the session.
Anne Fogarty, Senior Consultant, Centre 4 Learning.
This course is administered by People Development; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further details.
|This course occurs on the following dates||