Broad Reach Scholarship
About the award
We are offering one scholarship of £20,000 to students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes for September 2024 entry. This will be awarded to an academically gifted and talented candidate resident in the UK, paying Home fees, who would not be able to study without this financial assistance. Offer holders for online, MRes or PgDip programmes or the Exeter MBA are not eligible for this award.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus. As part of the funding agreement you will be required to submit a written introduction to be sent at the start of the programme, followed by six-monthly written updates. There may also be opportunities to meet in person with the donor.
Scholarship recipients are selected on academic merit based on the information supplied in the application, as well as the ability to demonstrate the following in their personal statement: academic ambition, future career ambitions, a genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support their ambitions, a sense of social responsibility and willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
Applications will be checked initially to ensure that the eligibility criteria have been met. Applications will then be considered by the donor and a nominated panel within the faculty.
How to apply
Complete a Personal Statement of 300 words covering the following questions:
(a) What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
(b) What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
(c) What would being awarded the Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
(d) As a Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
- Complete the application form here. You will need your Exeter student number to submit your scholarship application.
- Upload your Personal Statement, transcript, CV and evidence of financial assistance received for your undergraduate studies (such as bursaries or scholarships, but not copies of bank statements).
This scholarship is for programmes of study beginning in September 2024 only and does not apply to programmes which start in January 2024.
The closing date for this award is 30th June 2024. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 31st July 2024.
Terms & Conditions:
- By applying for this Scholarship you are agreeing to your personal details being shared with the donor and Panel members.
- All scholarship awards are conditional on registration with the University of Exeter.
- You cannot receive more than one scholarship from the University of Exeter; if you are eligible for multiple scholarships you will be awarded whichever scholarship has the higher value. If your tuition fees will be financed by an external body (such as an overseas government or Chevening, Commonwealth or a partner Institution) with whom the University has a shared financing agreement then this award may be invalidated or superseded with a different fee arrangement.
- If you expect to receive funding from a charity please contact us for guidance.
- We reserve the right to not award the scholarship if a suitable candidate is not found.
- If you defer your offer or change fee status your scholarship offer will be invalidated. In the event that you withdraw or interrupt your studies post enrolment, the University Finance regulations at that date will apply as regards any repayment or other requirements.
- This award is for one year only and is not recurrent for subsequent years of study.
- This scholarship provides funding for a full fee waiver for your tuition fees; any award over the programme fee cost should be used to finance other expenses incurred as part of your study (maintenance fee). It should not be attributed to other charges such as accommodation fees. This amount will be paid into your bank account at the start of each term.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you are in receipt of any external funding prior to enrolment; please email a copy of the award letter to admissions email@example.com.
|30th June 2024
|Number of awards:
|Duration of award:
|for 1 year
|Contact: Business School Admissions Team