Broad Reach Scholarship
About the award
Applications for 2023/24 programmes of study
We are offering one scholarship of £20,000 to students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes for September 2023 entry. This will be awarded to an academically gifted and talented candidate resident in the UK, who would not be able to study without this financial assistance. Offer holders on MRes or PgDip programmes or the Exeter MBA are not eligible for this award.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus. As part of the funding agreement you will be required to submit a written introduction to be sent at the start of the programme, followed by six-monthly written updates. There may also be opportunities to meet in person with the donor.
Scholarship recipients are selected on academic merit based on the information supplied in the application, as well as the ability to demonstrate the following in their personal statement: academic ambition, future career ambitions, a genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support their ambitions, a sense of social responsibility and willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
All applicants will be considered by the donor, with a shortlist being provided to the panel for awarding.
How to apply
- Please complete the application form here. You will need your Exeter student number to submit your scholarship application.
You will be asked to upload your covering letter, evidence of financial assistance received for your undergraduate studies (such as bursaries or scholarships, but not copies of bank statements), CV and transcript and a Personal Statement of 300 words covering the following questions:
- What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
- What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
- What would being awarded the Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
- As a Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
This scholarship is for programmes of study beginning in September 2023.
The closing date for this award is 30th June 2023. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 31st July 2023.
Terms & Conditions:
- By applying for this Scholarship you are agreeing to your personal details being shared with the donor and Panel members.
- All scholarship awards are conditional on registration with the University of Exeter.
- Scholarships are not awarded in conjunction with other scholarships – in the event of you being eligible for more than one award the greater award will be given.
- We reserve the right to not award the scholarship if a suitable candidate is not found.
- If you defer your offer or change fee status your scholarship offer will be invalidated. In the event that you withdraw or interrupt your studies post enrolment, the University Finance regulations at that date will apply as regards any repayment or other requirements.
|Application deadline:||30th June 2023|
|Number of awards:||1|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Business School Admissions Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|