‘Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships 2022/23 **Now closed**
About the award
As part of our commitment to a Green Future, we want to make sure that the most capable and committed candidates from Low and Middle Income Countries have the opportunity to study at the University of Exeter - becoming the students of today who shape tomorrow’s world:
- learning about the scientific, human, social and cultural issues which are involved in the vital field of sustainability;
- being equipped with the skills for a ‘greener’ economy and the imagination to provide solutions for a sustainable society;
- developing their global mind set, combining culturally inclusive behaviour and environmentally sound practices;
- upon completion of their studies, contributing to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Together with generous philanthropic gifts from a number of like-minded donors, the University of Exeter is offering up to 9 ‘Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships for study on one of our eligible Masters programmes in 2022/23. These are aimed at exceptional international candidates who would otherwise be unable to pursue their sustainability academic and career goals and who will increase our University community’s diversity and inclusion. The awards cover the full tuition fees and a stipend for living costs.
Scholarships are available for one-year, full-time, campus-based Postgraduate taught degrees as follows:
|Departments offering awards||Eligible 2022/23 Postgraduate taught programmes|
|The Business School||
• MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management
• MSc Accounting and Finance
• MSc Finance and Investment
• MSc Finance and Marketing
• MSc Finance and Management
• MSc Money, Banking and Finance
• MSc Economics
• MSc Financial Economics
• MSc Financial Technology (FinTech)
• MSc Management
• MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
• MSc Human Resource Management
• MSc Marketing
• MSc Digital Marketing
• MSc Business Analytics
• MSc International Human Resource Management
• MSc International Business
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences||
• MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
• MSc Applied Data Science (Renewable Energy)
• MSc Applied Data Science (Environment and Sustainability)
• MSc Applied Data Science (Ecology and Evolution)
• MSc Mining Environmental Management
• MSc Weather and Climate Science
|College of Humanities||
• MA Cultures and Environments of Health
• MA International Heritage Management and Consultancy
• MA Translation Studies
|College of Life and Environmental Sciences||
• MSc Conservation and Biodiversity
• MSc Conservation Science and Policy
• MSc Evolutionary and Behavioural Ecology
• MSc Global Sustainability Solutions
• MSc Marine Vertebrate Ecology and Conservation
• MSc Marine Environmental Management
• MSc Marine and Coastal Sustainability
• MSc Sustainable Development
|College of Medicine and Health||• MSc Environment and Human Health|
|College of Social Sciences and International Studies||
• Master of Laws LLM
• Master of Laws LLM in Commercial Law
• MSc Global Governance
You can apply for one of these awards if you:
- are classified as an International student for fees purposes;
- are a citizen/passport holder of a Low or Middle Income Country (eligible countries appear in the first three columns);
- already hold an offer to study an eligible Masters programme from the table above at the University of Exeter in the 2022/23 academic year; and
- have not previously studied or worked in a High Income country.
If you are yet to make your Masters programme application then please visit our Postgraduate taught study pages for September 2022 entry.
How to apply
To be considered for one of these scholarships, once you have your offer, please apply using the form here.
A personal statement (500 word maximum) is required as part of the form, responding to the following questions:
- What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and how is this relevant to a Green Future in your home country?
- How have you pursued this interest so far - as an individual and with others - in support of your home country’s development efforts/sustainable initiatives and projects?
- What are you hoping to gain and to contribute during your study at the University of Exeter and how will a Green Futures Scholarship support this?
- What are your ambitions for after you graduate and how will you stay connected to the University of Exeter?
Any links or testimonials that you can provide to substantiate your statement may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org separately, by the scholarship deadline. Please title your message “Green Futures Scholarship Supplementary information” and include your name and student number.
The deadline for these scholarships is 1 April 2022. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by 13 May 2022.
**12 May 2022 update** We expect to be in a position to release notifications on 13 May 2022 for all departments except the Business School and the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences. For these two departments, due to a very high volume of applications, we now expect to release notifications by 27 May 2022.
These scholarships are for one year only. Please read the full Terms and Conditions, which include details of the selection criteria, here.
|Application deadline:||1st April 2022|
|Value:||Full tuition fee waiver and stipend for living costs|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: International Scholarshipsemail@example.com|