Global Excellence Scholarships 2023/24 - Postgraduate Taught (Masters) **Round 2**
About the award
Postgraduate Taught Global Excellence Scholarships have been created to support students wishing to develop their academic potential and contribute to our thriving University community of students and staff from over 140 countries.
Global Excellence Scholarships recognise high academic achievement and assist scholars in accessing our exceptional teaching and learning, whilst taking advantage of all that University life offers to support their ambitions for the future.
A range of £5,000, £10,000 and full scholarships are on offer.
Postgraduate taught awards are being offered by the following departments:
|Environment, Science and Economy||
|Health and Life Sciences||
|Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences||
All campus-based Postgraduate taught degrees in the above areas are eligible, except the following:
Ineligible PGT programmes – The Exeter MBA; MRes Global Political Economy; MRes Management; MRes Economics (Pathway to PhD); MSc Human Resources Management 24 or 30 months; MSc Minerals Processing (Professional); MSc Mining Engineering (Professional); MA International Film Business; MSc Island Biodiversity and Conservation; Clinical Psychology programmes delivered by Clinical Education, Development and Research (CEDAR); Master of Public Administration (MPA) with Applied Study; Legal Practice Course (LPC); Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL); Postgraduate Certificates; Postgraduate Diplomas; Degree Apprenticeships. Fully online or distance learning programmes are not eligible.
You can apply for one of these scholarships if you:
- are classified as an International student for fees purposes (including any EU students required to pay International fees in 2023/24); and
- already hold an offer for an eligible Postgraduate taught degree at the University of Exeter, commencing in September 2023.
If you are yet to make your Masters programme application then please visit our Postgraduate taught study pages for September 2023 entry.
Scholarship recipients are selected on:
- Academic merit, based on the information you have supplied in your programme application. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have achieved or are able to achieve the equivalent of UK upper second class degree. See our Entry Requirements pages for further guidance.
- The ability to demonstrate the following as part of the application process: academic ambition; future career ambitions; a genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support your ambitions; a sense of social responsibility and willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
How to apply
To be considered for one of these scholarships, once you have your offer, please apply using the webform here
A personal statement (of no more than 300 words) is required as part of the form, responding to the following questions:
1. What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
2. What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
3. What would being awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
4. As a Global Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
**Round 1 is now closed.** Offer holders who applied for a scholarship by the deadline of 6 January 2023 will be notified by email of the outcome of their scholarship application by 9 February 2023. If you are offered an award then your email will explain how to accept your scholarship.
Round 2 is open and closes on 21 April 2023.
These scholarships are awarded as a reduction in the first-year International tuition fee. They are not recurrent for subsequent years of study. Please read the full Terms and Conditions for this scholarship scheme here.
|Application deadline:||21st April 2023|
|Value:||A range of £5,000, £10,000 and full first-year International tuition fee scholarships|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Admissions Scholarshipsfirstname.lastname@example.org|