'Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships 2023/24
About the award
As part of our commitment to a Green Future, we want to make sure that the most capable and committed candidates from Low and Lower Middle Income Countries have the opportunity to study at the University of Exeter - becoming the students of today who shape tomorrow’s world:
- learning about the scientific, human, social and cultural issues which are involved in the vital field of sustainability;
- being equipped with the skills for a ‘greener’ economy and the imagination to provide solutions for a sustainable society;
- developing their global mind set, combining culturally inclusive behaviour and environmentally sound practices;
- upon completion of their studies, contributing to the economic and social development of their home countries.
The University of Exeter is offering up to two ‘Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships for study on one of our eligible Masters programmes in 2023/24. These are aimed at exceptional international candidates who would otherwise be unable to pursue their sustainability academic and career goals and who will increase our University community’s diversity and inclusion. The awards cover the full tuition fees and a stipend for living costs.
Scholarships are available for one-year, full-time, campus-based Postgraduate taught degrees as follows:
|Faculty||Eligible 2023/24 Postgraduate taught programmes|
|Environment, Science and Economy||
You can apply for one of these awards if you:
- are classified as an International student for fees purposes;
- are a citizen/passport holder of a Low or Lower Middle Income Country (eligible countries appear in the first three columns);
- already hold an offer to study an eligible Masters programme from the table above at the University of Exeter in the 2023/24 academic year; and
- have not previously studied or worked in a High Income country.
If you are yet to make your Masters programme application then please visit our Postgraduate taught study pages for September 2023 entry. You are advised to submit your programme application no later than 14 April 2023.
How to apply
To be considered for one of these scholarships, once you have your offer, please apply using the form here.
A personal statement (500 word maximum) is required as part of the form, responding to the following questions:
- What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and how is this relevant to a Green Future in your home country?
- How have you pursued this interest so far - as an individual and with others - in support of your home country’s development efforts/sustainable initiatives and projects?
- What are you hoping to gain and to contribute during your study at the University of Exeter and how will a Green Futures Scholarship support this?
- What are your ambitions for after you graduate and how will you stay connected to the University of Exeter?
The deadline for applying for these scholarships is 12 May 2023. Shortlisted applicants may be invited to a virtual interview. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by 16 June 2023.
These scholarships are for one year only. Please read the full Terms and Conditions, which include details of the selection criteria, here.
|Application deadline:||12th May 2023|
|Value:||Full tuition fee waiver and stipend for living costs|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: International Scholarshipsfirstname.lastname@example.org|