Global Excellence Scholarships 2021/22 - Postgraduate Taught (Masters)
About the award
Postgraduate Taught Global Excellence Scholarships have been created to support students wishing to develop their academic potential and contribute to our thriving University community of students and staff from over 170 countries.
Global Excellence Scholarships recognise high academic achievement and assist scholars in accessing our exceptional teaching and learning, whilst taking advantage of all that University life offers to support their ambitions for the future.
A range of full, £10,000 and £5,000 scholarships are on offer.
Postgraduate taught awards are being offered by the following departments:
|Departments offering scholarships||Subject areas/programmes|
|The Business School||
• Business and Management
|College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences||
• Computer Science
• Data Science and Analytics
• Mining Engineering
|College of Humanities||
• Classics and Ancient History
• Creative Industries
• Modern Languages and Cultures
• Theology and Religion
|College of Life and Environmental Sciences||
• Sport and Health Sciences
|College of Medicine and Health||
• Healthcare and Medicine
• Master of Public Health [Round 2]
|College of Social Sciences and International Studies||
• Arab and Islamic Studies
• Politics and International Relations
All full-time Postgraduate taught degrees in the above areas are eligible, except the following:
Ineligible Postgraduate taught programmes – The Exeter MBA; MRes Global Political Economy; MRes Management; MRes Economics (Pathway to PhD); MSc Human Resources Management 24 or 30 months; MSc Mining Professional; MA International Film Business; MSc Island Biodiversity and Conservation; Clinical Psychology programmes delivered by Clinical Education, Development and Research (CEDAR); Master of Public Health [Round 1]; MA Education Online; Master of Public Administration (MPA) with Applied Studies; MA Applied Security Strategy (MStrat); Legal Practice Course (LPC); Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL); Postgraduate Certificates; Postgraduate Diplomas; Degree Apprenticeships.
You can apply for one of these scholarships if you:
- are classified as an International student for fees purposes (including any EU students required to pay International fees); and
- already hold an offer for an eligible full-time Postgraduate taught degree at the University of Exeter, commencing in September 2021.
If you are yet to make your Masters programme application then please visit our Postgraduate taught study pages.
Scholarship recipients are selected on:
- Academic merit, based on the information you have supplied in your programme application. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have achieved or are able to achieve the equivalent of UK upper second class degree. See our country pages for further guidance.
- The ability to demonstrate the following as part of the application process: academic ambition; future career ambitions; a genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support your ambitions; a sense of social responsibility and willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
How to apply
To be considered for one of these scholarships, once you have your offer, please apply using the webform here*.
A personal statement (of no more than 300 words) is required as part of the form, responding to the following questions:
1. What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
2. What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
3. What would being awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
4. As a Global Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
*The first round of applications has closed - decisions will be communicated by 12 February 2021. The second round of applications opened on 22 January 2021 and the deadline is 23 April 2021. Offer holders who have applied for a scholarship by this deadline will be notified by email of the outcome of their scholarship application before 20 May 2021. If you are offered an award then your email will explain how to accept your scholarship.
These scholarships are awarded as a reduction in the first-year International tuition fee. They are not recurrent for subsequent years of study. Please read the full Terms and Conditions for this scholarship here.
|Application deadline:||23rd April 2021|
|Value:||A range of full, £10,000 and £5,000 first-year International tuition fee scholarships|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Admissions Scholarshipsemail@example.com|