By partnering with the ESI, businesses can access research into solutions to problems of environmental change.
The University of Exeter's Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI) is a £30 million interdisciplinary centre leading cutting-edge research into solutions to problems of environmental change.
Based at our Penryn Campus, the Institute's team of Knowledge Exchange Managers and Business Mentors form partnerships with businesses, stakeholders, commercial investors and local, national and regional support providers to help translate research and expertise into innovative business practices, products and services.
Working with the ESI can help you:
- Gain access to the latest research and thinking to build your competitive edge
- Receive support to develop collaborative research projects
- Develop new products, processes, strategies or patents to maximise your business success
- Utilise specialist business mentoring and start-up assistance
- Access our business networks and networking opportunities
- Facilitate collaborations with other organisations that could enhance your business growth
- Access research facilities and equipment
- Benefit from student and graduate placements
Projects can be:
- Long- or short-term
- Developed with your objectives in mind
The ESI supports and works with a range of businesses, charities, social enterprises and community groups who wish to inform and be part of a developing and relevant research agenda.