By partnering with the ESI, businesses will be able to access solutions to the problem of environmental change.
The University of Exeter's Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI) is a £30 million interdisciplinary centre leading cutting-edge research into solving environmental change.
Based at our Cornwall Campus, the Institute has a team of Knowledge Exchange Managers and Business Mentors who form partnerships with businesses, stakeholders, commercial investors and local, national and regional support providers to help translate research and expertise into innovative business practices, products and services.
Working with the University of Exeter's ESI can help you:
- Gain access to the latest research and thinking to build your competitive edge,
- Receive support to develop collaborative research projects,
- Develop new products, processes, strategies or patents to maximise your business success,
- Utilise specialist business mentoring and start-up assistance,
- Access our business networks and networking opportunities,
- Facilitate collaborations with other organisations that could enhance your business growth,
- Access research facilities and equipment,
- Benefit from student and graduate placements.
Projects can be:
- Long or short-term.
- Developed with your objectives in mind.
Businesses working in partnership with the ESI can access new and existing knowledge across three themes:
The ESI supports and works with a range of organisations including businesses, charities, social enterprises and community groups with an interest in these themes who also wish to inform and be a part of a developing and relevant research agenda.