Photo: Matt Jessop
Member of Professor Juliet Osborne's research group.
View my Publications
Dr Matthias Becher
Associate Research Fellow
I am interested in behavioural ecology, focusing on colony organisation and division of labour in social bees. I combine experimental work with computer simulations to better understand the complex processes within a colony and its interactions with the environment.
I am also a member of the Biosciences department in the College of Life and Environmental Sciences.
Research publication titles
- Behavioural ecology of social bees
- Colony organisation and foraging
- Modelling, computer simulations
- An integrated model for predicting bumblebee population success and pollination services in agro-ecosystems.
- BEE-STEWARD: A decision-support tool for land owners, manages and advisors to support pollinator populations on farmland.
2010 PhD in Honeybee Ecology (University of Halle-Wittenberg, Germany)
2003 Diploma in Biology (University of Würzburg, Germany)
2010-2013 Postdoctoral Researcher, Rothamsted Research, UK
|Building||Environment and Sustainability Institute|
|Address||University of Exeter
Cornwall TR10 9FE