Diamond Jubilee Scholarship Ref: 2460
About the award
The University of Exeter is pleased to be offering up to 1 funded scholarship for entry in 2017-18. This scholarship will enable a student to complete a doctoral degree in a subject area that is available on any University of Exeter campus.
For eligible UK/EU students, this full time scholarship will cover fees and an annual stipend of at £14,295 (current research council rate) for up to four years (48 months).
Applicants to this scholarship must have a strong first degree (at least an Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent).
The scholarship will be awarded to the strongest applicant based on an assessment of the applicant’s:
- academic excellence
- research potential
- research proposal
- collaborative, impact and engagement elements or ambitious and novel research proposal
Applicants will be expected to have identified, approached, and have agreement in principle with a potential supervisor. To help find an appropriate supervisor please use the Research Expertise search function on our Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/
Dependent on the proposed project, successful applicants would be expected to start their studies in September 2017. This award is not open to students who have already started their study.
The recipient of the scholarship is expected to commit to training and engagement beyond their doctoral studies, for example through public engagement opportunities, accessing skills development opportunities, and career development. Continued funding will be dependent on satisfactory evidence of this activity..
- Applicants must fulfil the standard entry requirements for their programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses-by-subject/
- Applicants will be required to include the following with their online application:
- A Letter of Application,
- Research Proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- 2 References
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non english speaking country)
|Application deadline:||15th January 2017|
|Number of awards:||1|
|Value:||Up to 4 years – Home/EU fees|
|Duration of award:||per year|
|Contact: Doctoral College: 01392 firstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
Candidates need to make two separate and simultaneous applications:
1. To the University of Exeter PGR Admissions - Applicants should visit: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply/process/ to apply.
2. To the University’s funding database for the Diamond Jubilee Scholarship – http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/funding//application/
Applicants should make both applications to the University of Exeter by the 15 January 2017.
Candidates will only be considered for the award where they are in receipt of an offer from the University of Exeter.