- 6th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research
- Ranked 3rd amongst university providers of initial teacher training in the Good Teaching Training Guide 2017
- Top 150 in the world for Education
- PhD studentships available through the ESRC South West Doctoral Training Centre - a hub of world-class social sciences research
- Recognised by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) and Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Early Years, Primary and Secondary teacher education
- Home to one of the largest education libraries in the UK
The Graduate School of Education is one of the most diverse and highly regarded schools of education in the country. We offer a full range of postgraduate programmes comprising research degrees; professional doctorates; a Masters in Educational Research; and full-time and flexible part-time Masters degrees. We also offer Early Years, Primary and Secondary PGCE programmes.
We are located on the historic and beautiful St Luke’s Campus and provide excellent support for all our postgraduate students. This ideal setting is within easy walking distance of both the city centre and the University’s Streatham Campus, where students are encouraged to make use of the additional facilities available to them.
The course has challenged my conditioned approach to teaching. I had to review and reflect upon my teaching, making me realise I had been using one theory for a long time. I have changed my approach and I believe my students now have a better experience and their learning has improved.
This course reawakened my excitement, interest, motivation and enthusiasm for teaching, which had severely waned. Learning about new, unique and novel ways of using technology in teaching, and modelling lessons, was fantastic, something I believe all teachers should do regularly.
Rod Mounsden, Masters student
Degrees in Exeter
A PGCE from Exeter
Learn about our Exeter PGCE Teacher Training programme.