- 6th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research in Education and influencer of national education policy
- Ranked 3rd amongst university providers of initial teacher training in the Good Teaching Training Guide 2017
- Recognised by Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary teacher education
- Top 150 in the world for Education
- Home to one of the largest Education libraries in the UK
The Graduate School of Education is one of the most diverse and highly regarded schools of education in the country. We offer a full range of postgraduate programmes comprising research degrees; professional doctorates; a Masters in Educational Research; and full-time and flexible part-time Masters degrees. We also offer Primary and Secondary PGCE programmes.
We are located on the historic and beautiful St Luke’s Campus and provide excellent support for all our postgraduate students. This ideal setting is within easy walking distance of both the city centre and the University’s Streatham Campus, where students are encouraged to make use of the additional facilities available to them.
The Exeter approach to creating reflective teachers is something which I see as unique because it encompasses all aspects of your practice. There are occasions where you may reflect on a very specific part of a lesson, or a whole Standard, but always there are chances to connect practical experience and reflection with understanding of policy and research.
Having time to work with other students in groups to learn about the curriculum subjects or with a partner student during the first placement also makes the process far more rewarding. You grow a support network around you with people who are in similar situations, again encouraging evaluative discussions and constructive feedback. This gives you the foundation to become a confident and independent teacher and encourages you to forge close relationships with the staff you work with in placement schools.
Hilary Kinch, Primary PGCE English and 2016/17 Ted Wragg Award winner
Degrees in Exeter
- Teacher training
- MA Creative Arts in Education
- MA Education Leadership and Management
- MA International Education
- MA Language and Literacy in Education
- MA Special Educational Needs
- MA Technology, Creativity and Thinking in Education
- MA Education
- MEd/PgDip/PgCert Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- MSc Educational Research
- DEdPsych Educational Psychology
- EdD Education
A PGCE from Exeter
Learn about our Exeter PGCE Teacher Training programme.
Professor David Hall, Graduate School of Education Director
Professor David Hall talks about our programmes, graduate destinations and our location on the beautiful St Lukes campus in Exeter.