- £3 million investment in new academic and student facilities
- Research expertise in climate modelling and statistics; control and dynamics; systems biology; astrophysical fluid flows and number theory
- A truly interdisciplinary approach to scientific research
- Wide range of exciting and high-impact research projects
- Strong research links with the Met Office in Exeter, including three joint professorships researching weather and climate system modelling
- Major international research centre in water management
As a postgraduate Mathematics student at Exeter, you will be part of a friendly department which provides close personal contact between staff and students. We maintain a firm focus on career-orientated postgraduate training. Working closely with a professional advisory group that includes senior managers from companies such as IBM, we ensure that our programmes support the needs of the sector and our graduates are well placed for success in this exciting field. The department maintains an excellent reputation for its research in pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics and enjoys active collaboration with the Met Office in Exeter, one of the UK’s major users of advanced mathematics and statistics.