- Top 50 in the world for Psychology
- 85% of research classified as world-leading or internationally excellent
- Internationally respected and fast developing social, environmental and organisational psychology research group, and a major centre for cognitive, clinical and neuroscience research
- Numerous external links with organisations including IBM, The Ministry of Defence, and a unique partnership with the NHS
- Extensive research facilities including eye tracking, EEG/ERP and TMS laboratories, audio-visual recording suite and MRI scanner
Psychology at Exeter has over 120 academic, research and clinical training staff, and more than 300 postgraduate students, including over 200 students registered on accredited clinical training programmes. Our staff are recognised internationally for their academic excellence, high quality research and applied output. They actively research the areas of psychology they teach, so their expertise feeds directly into our research-led programmes.
We place a strong emphasis on your personal and professional development, as well as academic performance, and are committed to providing a friendly and stimulating intellectual environment. You will benefit from state-of-the-art learning, teaching and research facilities, including well-equipped workshops, specialist laboratories, an audio-visual recording suite and a dedicated postgraduate computer laboratory.
Members of staff have strong research links with universities in other countries and there is a flourishing international community. We work in partnership with a variety of public and private sector organisations to ensure our research is relevant to policy makers.
Unlike most other leading departments, we provide postgraduate training and continuing professional development (CPD) courses for Clinical Psychology and other psychological practitioners on the same site as our PhD and Masters degrees.