Do also let us know if you have any feedback on these web pages (as we are constantly updating them).
The Occupational Health team can also help you with expert confidential advice and support.
If you are unsure which team to contact feel free to email either Colleague Wellbeing or Occupational Health as we work closely together and will ensure you receive the support you need.
Helping your team manage stress and workload pressures
- The Managing Mental Health and Stress Standard sets out processes for managing stress at the University and links to relevant resources and support.
- The Team Pressures Risk Assessment tool provides a structure for managers to explore work pressures within their teams.
- There is also an Employee Workplace Pressures Risk Assessment tool individual employees and managers can do together to reduce stress.
Occupational Health referrals
- Line-managers who require advice on supporting the workplace health needs of a member of their team are encouraged to complete a Management Referral to Occupational Health.
Supporting your team in relation to Covid-19
- The Leadership and Management in the "New Normal" web pages have resources and information to support managers to manage teams during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Covid-19 worries
- NHS: worried or anxious about coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NHS: how to help someone with depression
Returing to campus - Advice for Managers
- Working on campus – guidance for managers
- Wellbeing guide - Find out how best to support those on your team return to campus
- Working on Campus - Toolkit for Management Teams and Managers
Tools and pages to recommend your team exploring
- Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University.
- Index of Wellbeing support
- Mental Health support
- Self-care tips
Training for managers
- Relias and the Zero Suicide Alliance offer free online training on talking about suicide (30 minutes)
- Bitesize Learning: Supporting the Mental Health of your Team During Remote Working
- Manager's Guidance for COVID-19: Skills for Supportive Conversations
- Manager's Guidance for Post-COVID Work Arrangements: Skills for Supportive Conversations