About the award
The Ayudar Scholarship, worth up to £30,000, is for a Colombian national enrolling on the full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2016/17. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a contribution towards subsistence. The funds are generously donated by an alumnus from the University of Exeter and his Colombian wife – Gerry and Clemencia Brown. Their desire is to support the development of talent in Colombia, and particularly talent which will make a positive social and environmental impact.
To be eligible, you must intend to enrol on the full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2016 and satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Colombian citizen planning to return to Colombia and apply your learning after graduation;
- Have a clear and demonstrable case that, without the scholarship, you would not have the financial means to undertake a Masters in Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in the UK;
- Have a clear and demonstrable desire to make a difference in helping business to contribute back to society and/or improve the environment. You will need to write a compelling personal statement to demonstrate this;
- Have a good academic background with the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree;
- Meet the English language requirements for the MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
|Application deadline:||29th April 2016|
|Number of awards:||1|
|Value:||Up to £30,000 to cover the full cost of tuition fees plus a contribution to subsistence|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: External Relations Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
To apply, please apply online and include with this application a supporting statement of up to 1,000 words demonstrating how you meet the eligibility requirements of the award. In your statement please ensure you clearly address points 1, 2 and 3 outlined above separately.
The deadline for applications to this award is 29 April 2016.