China Scholarship Council and University of Exeter PhD Scholarship Ref: 3258
About the award
The University of Exeter is proud to offer up to 10 full-time PhD scholarships in collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for Chinese students starting in the academic year 2019-2020.
The University of Exeter combines world-class research with high levels of student satisfaction at its campuses in Exeter and Cornwall, South West England. Formed in 1955, the University has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries. Exeter has been a leader in cutting-edge science, engineering, mathematics and medicine research and 98% of our research has been rated as of international quality. For more information please see our CSC webpage.
Scholarships are available for study in the following subjects:
- Sport and Health Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Renewable Energy
- Mining and Minerals Engineering
- Medical Imaging
- Management Studies
- Organisation Studies
- Art History & Visual Culture
- Classics and Ancient History
- Film Studies
- Modern Languages
- Theology and Religion
- Arab and Islamic Studies
Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
1. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application and intend to return to China upon completion of their studies at the University of Exeter.
2. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring the equivalent of a Distinction in a UK Masters degree from a prestigious university (Typically an average of 85% or above from a Chinese Higher Education Institution).
3. Successful candidates will meet the relevant academic requirements as well as the English language proficiency requirements for entry into a PhD programme set out by the University of Exeter. Applicants are generally expected to have a score of IELTS 6.5 – 7.0 or equivalent overall with no less than 6.0 in any section. More information can be found here: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply/english/
4. Candidates will also be required to satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC. Details can be found on the website: China Scholarship Council.
Full tuition fees of successful applicants will be funded by the relevant College at the University of Exeter. The China Scholarship Council will provide a living allowance, including the cost of a return flight from China to the UK, accommodation and subsistence, depending on the applicant’s eligibility.
How to apply
Stage One – Apply to the University of Exeter
In the application process you will be asked to upload several documents. Please note our preferred format is PDF, each file named with your surname and the name of the document, eg. “Smith – CV.pdf”, “Smith – Cover Letter.pdf”, “Smith – Transcript.pdf”.
• A research proposal
• Letter of application outlining your academic interests and prior research experience.
• Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. This should be an interim transcript
if you are still studying.
• Evidence of yout English language proficiency.
You will be asked to name 2 referees as part of the application process, however we will not contact these people until the offer stage. Your referees should not be from the prospective supervisory team.
The closing date for this application is midnight on 7 January 2019.
CSC will be notified of the fee waiver with a copy of the offer letter.
Stage 2 – Apply to China Scholarship Council (CSC)
Successful applicants will need to apply for CSC funding following the guidelines specified by the China Scholarship Council.
If you have any general enquiries about the application process please email: email@example.com.
For general information you can contact International Student Recruitment - East Asia Team based in Beijng and Shanghai at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application deadline:||7th January 2019|
|Value:||Full tuition fees and Living Allowance|
|Duration of award:||per year|
|Contact: PGR Recruitmentemail@example.com|