Our BSc Applied Finance offers the exciting opportunity to gain four qualifications through one programme, all whilst gaining valuable real-world work experience.
In addition to your BSc Applied Finance degree, you will gain Level 4 and Level 6 Degree Apprenticeships and a Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment Diploma in Investment Operations.
|Qualification||Required grades||Required subjects|
|GCSE||C or 4||English Language|
Specific requirements must still be achieved, therefore where a grade A is required, offers will be ABC or ACC. Find out more about contextual offers.
NB General Studies is not included in any offer.
Please note that entry requirements for this programme are set in discussion with the employers offering apprenticeship roles. These may include 3 A-Level equivalent subjects/grades as well as specific subjects/grades at GCSE. Please refer to employers individual recruitment pages for more information.
NB General Studies is not included in any offer.
The tuition fee for this programme will be paid for by your employer and the Government.
The modules we outline here provide examples of what you can expect to learn on this degree course based on recent academic teaching. The precise modules available to you in future years may vary depending on staff availability and research interests, new topics of study, timetabling and student demand.
- Introduction to Financial Assets and Markets
- Introduction to Securities and Investments
- Principles of Risk Management
- IT in Investment Operations
- Operational Risk in Financial Services
- Other Major Risks in Financial Services
- Global Securities operations
- Global Operations Management
- Advanced Global Securities Operations
- Regulation, Compliance and Risk
- Financial Modelling
Learning and teaching
The University of Exeter Financial Services Professional Degree Apprenticeship
- A BSc from a prestigious Russell Group university.
- Membership of CISI from the start of the course and a Diploma in Investment Operations on successful completion of the programme.
- Flexible delivery – minimum time away from the workplace.
- Online delivery using the latest technology to allow individual and group working in any location.
- Programme specifically designed by an experienced academic team.
- BSc (Hons) Applied Finance
- Investment Operations Degree Apprenticeship at Level 4
- Financial Services Professional Degree Apprenticeship at Level 6
- CISI Diploma in Investment Operations
BSc Applied Finance does not follow the standard UCAS application process. To gain a place you must apply directly to one of our partner employers’ vacancies. You can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS. When vacancies are open they will be advertised by our employer partners and on University of Exeter Degree Apprenticeship website. Please be aware that employers start their recruitment at different times of the year so please be sure to check regularly.
How to apply
- Vacancies are advertised by employers and promoted through our current vacancies page when they become available.
- Apply through your chosen company's website via the links which are available on this page once vacancies become live. You are welcome to apply for more than one vacancy.
- Please be aware that each company will have their own recruitment process, the stages and timelines may vary.
- If you have been successful you will be offered a position as an apprentice with the company.
- Your place on the programme will be confirmed by University of Exeter, and we will send further information about how to enrol as a student.
- If you have not been successful this time, do not worry! Keep an eye out for other opportunities on our vacancies page.
About the apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a full salaried member of your organisation, typically earning between £13,000 and £19,000. Much of your learning will take place at work, either through projects linked to academic content or time set aside for distance learning.
Depending upon the vacancy you’ve applied for, you might be working for a small IT start-up or a multinational corporation. Either way, your employer will be fully committed to and supportive of your studies.
Fantastic facilities, outstanding teaching, world-leading research and exceptional graduate employability are just a few of the reasons we think you'll love it here. Find out what our students say about choosing Exeter.
Studying at our campuses in Devon or Cornwall means you'll have some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the UK on your doorstep. Find out about student life at Exeter and the huge range of sports, clubs and societies on offer.
One University, two locations
We have around 20,000 students across our three campuses in Devon and Cornwall which means we offer the academic excellence and facilities you'd expect of a major university but also a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.