- 10th for Economics in The Complete University Guide 2017
- 13th in the UK for Economics in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- EQUIS accredited
- Unique to Exeter, economic classroom experiments are embedded into modules
- Flexibility to choose optional modules to suit your interests and career requirements
- Study or work abroad or gain industrial experience
- Emphasis on helping you improve your skills for employment
We offer a number of degrees in economics, allowing students to specialise in the areas that interest them most. Our academic staff boast a wide range of research interests, with 72% of economics research deemed world leading or internationally excellent (REF, 2014).
In addition to traditional economics modules, you will be exposed to recent behavioural theories that incorporate human limitations to rational decision making. Through our state of the art research laboratory FEELE (Finance and Economics Experiential Laboratory at Exeter), you will also be able to participate in cutting edge research.
Economics is a technical and rigorous subject and graduates leave equipped with a range of personal skills and a broad education, which make them highly valued by employers. 84% of our economics students go into graduate employment or further study within just six months of graduating (DLHE survey, 2013/14).
Students are given the option to study abroad, or undertake an industrial placement.
While we do not require Mathematics at A level for most of our programmes, you will need to be comfortable with maths. If you are less mathematical, then you should apply for Business Economics, which does not involve intensive mathematical treatment of the subject. There is no requirement for you to have studied economics before coming to us, as we do not assume any prior knowledge of the subject.
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Economics
- BSc Business Economics
- BSc Economics with Econometrics
- BSc Economics and Finance
- BSc Economics and Politics
- BSc Economics with European Study
- BSc Economics with International Study
- BSc Economics with Industrial Experience
- BSc Business Economics with European Study
- BSc Business Economics with International Study
- BSc Business Economics with Industrial Experience
- BSc Economics with Econometrics with European Study
- BSc Economics with Econometrics with International Study
- BSc Economics with Econometrics with Industrial Experience
- BSc Economics and Finance with European Study
- BSc Economics and Finance with International Study
- BSc Economics and Finance with Industrial Experience
- BSc Economics and Politics with European Study
- BSc Economics and Politics with International Study
- BSc Economics and Politics with Industrial Experience
- BSc Mathematics with Economics
- Flexible Combined Honours Degrees