- The Liberal Arts approach to undergraduate study enables you to combine in-depth specialisation in the subject of your choice with opportunities to acquire further skills and experience in a wide range of fields
- You will develop expertise through an individual pathway of study, allowing you to specialise in a subject of your choice - your major
- You will develop your language skills, alongside a breadth of other skills including communication, problem solving and critical analysis
- A global model, Liberal Arts is ideally suited for study abroad, with options in the EU, USA, Asia and Australasia
Liberal Arts is not a subject of study itself but an approach to study in the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Sciences. Its premise is that in-depth study of a single subject is most effective when it is combined with a breadth of experience of the concepts, methods and debates which connect all forms of academic enquiry. Across the world, Liberal Arts graduates are recognised as exceptionally well equipped with a unique blend of specialist knowledge and a wide-range of analytical, communication and computational skills.
Our Liberal Arts degree is a ground-breaking interdisciplinary programme intended for ambitious students aiming for high-profile, competitive careers. It offers opportunities for international study and work experience.
You will plot your own pathway through the programme. You will identify an area of specialisation – a subject, or a theme – which will be your Major; alongside this you will have the opportunity to explore subjects which connect with, or contrast, your Major. You will develop new, or extend existing language and quantitative skills and gain experience of a wide-range of working environments with our network of employer partners.
- Arab and Islamic Studies
- Art History & Visual Culture
- Classics and Ancient History
- Film Studies
- International Relations
- Modern Languages
- Theology and Religion