- 80% of Mathematics students in graduate-level employment or further study within six months of graduating
- Undertake a professional placement at companies such as Lloyds Banking Group, Coca-Cola, Met Office and PwC
- Study abroad at one of our partner universities in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and China
- Maths with Accounting, Economics, Management or Finance programmes taught in partnership with the University of Exeter Business School
- Distinct programmes taught over two campuses with specialist MSci courses aligned to our research groups
Mathematics at a glance
Mathematics plays an integral role in many aspects of modern life and provides the techniques and language to handle problems from a wide variety of disciplines.
A Mathematics degree from the University of Exeter will inspire you to fulfil your full potential and flourish – whatever your ambitions.
Mathematics is not only studied because of its applications; it has a fascination and beauty of its own, characterised by precision and logical rigour.
It forms a rewarding, inspiring, challenging and varied subject of study at university. Building on the mathematics from school or college, it encompasses: pure mathematics, applied mathematics, and probability and statistics.
We will encourage you to develop your critical thinking, challenge you to learn new ideas promptly and follow and digest complex reasoning. You will be a key part of our world-class academic community, benefiting from the very latest, research-inspired teaching.
Mathematical Sciences degree being studied on the beach in Cornwall.
Degrees in Cornwall
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Mathematics
- MMath Mathematics
- MMath Mathematics with International Study
- MMath Mathematics with Professional Experience
- MSci Mathematics (Climate Science)
- MSci Mathematics (Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics)
- MSci Mathematics (Mathematical Biology)
with Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics
- BSc Computer Science and Mathematics with Industrial Placement
- MSci Computer Science and Mathematics