- Top 16 in the world for Mining and Minerals Engineering
- 5th for Materials and Mineral Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- Accredited programmes, with 80% of Mining Engineering students in graduate-level employment or further study within six months of graduating
- 5th for Materials Technology in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Comprehensive course with content relating to many varied roles within industry, including design, mechanics, logistics, geotechnics, project management and surveying
Mining at a glance
Our degrees in Mining Engineering are taught by Camborne School of Mines (CSM), a world-class geoscience and mining school with an rich history and international reputation.
As a Mining Engineer you’ll be studying at the interface between Engineering and Geology. You will learn how to apply sound engineering principles to design safe and economic methods of extracting minerals from the ground.
Studying at CSM will give you unrivalled access to contacts within the industry. You’ll be able to take advantage of this to secure an industry placement between years two and three.
Both our BEng and our MEng degrees provide hands-on and practical training. In addition to on-campus facilities, you’ll visit active mines and related sites both above and below ground.