- True Natural Sciences programme covering all sciences with freedom to study your interests
- Opportunity to be an active participant in research, with an emphasis on scientific methodology
- Study within a community of internationally respected scientists
- Contribute to our understanding of critical global issues, finding solutions to the challenges they present
- Explore and study the world through multiple scientific lenses, identifying the intrinsic links between biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computer science
Alice, MSci Natural Sciences
Natural Sciences at a glance
Natural Sciences is a truly mixed scientific degree drawing on Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
By studying across these four complimentary subjects you’ll be able to explore exciting topics that exist at the intersection of traditional disciplines.
These include mathematical and computational biology; materials science and materials chemistry; the science of oceans, atmospheres and climate; astrophysics; and energy research.
Our programmes demand that you think big. They have been developed for students who are not only bright and highly motivated, but who also have open, enquiring minds and are able to think without constraints.
I like the multidisciplinary design of the programme and how it’s based around Exeter’s science strategy research themes, which is a great way to learn 21st century science.
The broad first year allows you to develop your interests and then flexibility in future years allows you to forge your own pathway. The teaching has been excellent with lots of help in tutorial sessions and workshops.
Daniel Barlow, MSci Natural Sciences
Degrees in Exeter
Living Systems Institute (LSI)
A brand-new, world-class building with over 7,500m2 of flexible space.
The LSI facilitates novel, research-led teaching through our established undergraduate Natural Sciences programmes that recruit the very best students each year.