Sport and Health Sciences
- Top 50 in the world for Sports-related Subjects
- 2nd for Sports Science in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 5th in the UK for Sports Science in The Guardian University Guide 2017
- 3rd in the UK for research
- 99% of students progressing into employment or further study within six months of graduation
- 8th for Sports Science in the National Student Survey 2016
- 4th for Sports Science in The Complete University Guide 2017
- Research-inspired teaching with academic collaborations with industry and professional athletes
- Dedicated laboratories for sport and exercise physiology, sports biomechanics and health and performance psychology
- One of the UK’s top sporting universities, named The Times and The Sunday Times Sports University of the Year for 2015/2016
- Generous sports scholarship scheme
Sport and Health Sciences ranks as one of the top departments to study sport and exercise sciences in the UK. Our programmes provide the depth and breadth of knowledge to understanding both elite sport performance and the importance of exercise for health. With student satisfaction rankings consistently above 95% in the National Student Survey if you want an exciting and holistic scientific education then our undergraduate degrees are for you.
You will study at the historic St Luke’s Campus, which provides a friendly and supportive environment. Our extensive teaching and research facilities include designated purpose-built laboratories for sport and exercise physiology, sports biomechanics, health and performance psychology research.
Many of our students represent the University in their chosen sport and a number have achieved regional, national and international sporting success. We have an excellent Sports Scholarship Scheme and sports scholars succeed academically whilst also pursuing their sporting careers.
You will benefit from our highly supportive teaching and learning environment that complements the applied and conceptual nature of the programmes. Our innovative degrees are research and enquiry driven. All our teaching staff are research active and their work informs public policy on exercise and health. For example, we provide scientific support and consultancy services to national and international athletes and teams, including the Rugby Football Union, England and Wales Cricket Board and the Football Association. Our academics incorporate cutting-edge material into their teaching throughout the degrees, ensuring that teaching is informed by the most up-to-date research available.
We help you to develop your personal and key skills, such as communication, IT, critical appraisal and self-management. Team-building days and careers workshops help you to develop vocational skills. You will also be encouraged to attend and present at student conferences, such as the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES) Student Conference and to be involved in initiatives including the student ambassadors scheme and workplace internships.
Degrees in Exeter
- BSc Exercise and Sport Sciences
- BSc Exercise and Sport Sciences with Study Abroad
- MSci Exercise and Sport Sciences
- BSc Human Biosciences
- BSc Psychology with Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences
- BSc Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences with Professional Training Year
- Flexible Combined Honours
Undergraduate Sport and Health Sciences
Find out why studying undergraduate Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter is a fantastic choice. View full size.
What is Sport Health and Exercise Sciences?
Staff and students talk about their experiences of studying and teaching in Sport and Health Sciences at the University of Exeter.
View full size.