PhD student Josh Eaton and other members of the West Lab awarded 2020 Best Paper from the Oligonucleotide Therapeutic Society.
LSI PhD Programme
LSI PhD Programme
The Living Systems Institute (LSI) is pleased to announce four fully-funded PhD studentship opportunities, available on a part-time or a full-time basis.
- An interdisciplinary training programme tailored to the individual student
- Fully-funded places including personal stipend and training budget
- The opportunity to formulate your own project
- A supervisory team from different disciplines
- A modern, inclusive environment that is passionately committed to your development.
- Leading-edge approaches including genome editing, advanced imaging, stem cell biology, mathematical modelling, neuroscience, single-cell/molecule technologies
- A thriving community of over 60 PhD students
Who we’re looking for
Modern scientific innovation involves the integration of diverse disciplines and the bridging of pure and application-oriented research. This requires a new generation of scientists who are trained to think and experiment beyond traditional boundaries.
We wish to recruit the best and most imaginative students from across the full range of disciplines working within LSI - Biologists, Physicists, Mathematicians, Computational Scientists and Engineers using cutting-edge technologies.
Your PhD project
Examples of potential interdisciplinary research projects are listed below, however, we would also welcome your own ideas.
If you are submitting your own project idea, read more about LSI's Principal Investigators and potential supervisors here to check we are a good fit for your research.
Please note that the academics listed in italics below the project titles are probable supervisors at this stage and are subject to change.
How to apply
Please apply via this link by midday on 11 January 2021.
If you have any enquiries please contact Steven West: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional scholarship opportunity for students from China
Students from China can apply to join this programme via the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
You can apply either for one of the co-supervised projects above or to a project with an individual supervisor.
For more information see: CSC Scholarships