LSI PhD Programme
Modern scientific innovation involves the integration of diverse disciplines and the bridging of pure and application-oriented research. This requires a new generation of scientists who are trained to think and experiment beyond traditional boundaries. The recently established Living Systems Institute (LSI), University of Exeter, provides this opportunity by housing world-leading Biologists, Physicists, Mathematicians, Computational Scientists and Engineers using cutting-edge technologies. Our mission is to understand life across all scales - from individual atoms to whole organisms - and to discover approaches for improving health and treating disease. We wish to recruit the best and most imaginative students from across the full range of disciplines to join our thriving community of over 60 PhD students.
- Leading-edge approaches including genome editing, advanced imaging, stem cell biology, mathematical modelling, neuroscience, single-cell/molecule technologies
- An interdisciplinary training programme tailored to the individual student
- A supervisory team from different disciplines
- The opportunity to formulate your own project
- A modern, inclusive environment that is passionately committed to your development.
- Fully funded places including personal stipend and training budget
Any further enquiries please contact: email@example.com