OSAR (Obesity Service Strategy and Review) Meeting
This is a multi-professional obesity meeting
|An Exeter Medical School meeting|
|Date||12 November 2015|
|Time||9:00 to 17:00|
RILD Building, RD&E, Exeter.
Explore latest developments in weight management and discuss strategies of bariatric and obesity services across tiers.
- To learn about current and future bariatric procedures
- To get to know your regional obesity services
- To discuss challenges in management of your patient with our expert panel
- To share experiences of delivering weight management
Some of the highlights are:
- Bariatric National Audit, Mr Richard Welbourn, Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital
- Surgical Procedures and Byband Sleeve Study, Dr Rob Andrews, Consultant Senior Lecturer in Diabetes and Endocrinology, University of Bristol
- How does surgery change us: from gut hormones to appetite with different types of surgery, Dr Alex Miras, Imperial College London
- Post- surgical care & supplementation, Beth Greenslade, Lead Bariatric Dietitian, Musgrove Park Hospital
- Psychiatry in the obesity service/use of traffic light system, Dr Lisa McClelland, Consultant Psychiatrist, Exeter Medical Obesity Service.
- NICE obesity guidelines and the Tier 3 service, Professor Nick Finer, University College London
- T2DM and obesity- metabolic surgery for whom? Professor Jonathan Pinkney, Plymouth University
We will also share experiences in most effective ways to run patient weight management groups, discuss challenging cases and gain insight of different services and their make-up across the region. Your attendance is worth 6 CPD points from the Royal College of Physicians.
Please email your questions and case studies to email@example.com
For registration and programme please visit: http://store.exeter.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=42&catid=47&prodid=1161
Students are welcome to attend free of charge.
Please note places are limited.
|Provider||Exeter Medical School|