Courses starting in January 2024
Please note that information on courses starting in January 2025 has not yet been released so we are currently unable to give any details of the accommodation that will be available.
The below information was relevant to students starting in January 2024 and will be fully updated for January 2025 in due course.
The University has a selection of Masters programmes that are available to start in January 2024.
If you are an International fee-paying student joining one of these programmes then we have a limited number of en-suite rooms available in our Spreytonway residence, and you can apply for this accommodation from Monday 30 October 2023. Applications will be dealt with in date order of us receiving the application.
Why choose University managed accommodation?
- Meet other students and get involved with student life
- Convenient location close to lectures and the city centre
- 24/7 campus security from our Estate Patrol Team
- Residence Life Team there to help you settle in and provide advice
- No guarantor required
- All-inclusive rents - no extra bills to pay
- Wifi and contents insurance included
When to apply
- If you are an International fee-paying student, you will be able to register an accommodation account once you have firmed your University study place and your tuition fee deposit has been received and processed.
- You will then be able to apply for accommodation once applications open - see below for the relevant dates.
- Accepting an offer of accommodation online is the same as signing the accommodation agreement in person, so once you agree via this process you will have entered a legally binding contract – even if you have not paid any money – and you will need to pay for the entire length of your accommodation contract as detailed below.
|January start PG
|Contract start date*
|Contract end date**
|Total fees (January 2024 start)
|30 October 2023
|14 January 2024
|4 January 2025
* The earliest move in date is Sunday 14 January 2024 and we are not able to accommodation early arrivals. If you need to arrive before 14 January then you will need to book hotel accommodation in the city.
** The contract end date cannot be extended. Your course may end after the contract end date and you will be responsible for arranging your own accommodation for this period if required.
Accommodation in the city
Alternatively, you can search for accommodation in the private sector. For further guidance and information on living in Exeter, take a look at our Private Accommodation webpages.
If we are made aware of any large accommodation providers or letting agencies who have availability for January-starting postgraduates, we will provide information here. Please check back regularly for updates.
- 21/11/23 - The Leat offer superior studio apartments, with large open plan living rooms with full size kitchens, and separate bedroom zones with generous ensuite shower rooms, all set in quiet gated courtyard gardens. More information can be seen on our website here: https://theleatapartments.com. We have some availability from 2nd January 2024. Please call +44 (0)7977336626.
13/10/23 - The Gorge is a brand-new co-living property offering furnished studio apartments just a two-minute walk from St Luke’s Campus. Information about The Gorge can be found here: https://www.thisisfresh.com/exeter/the-gorge Alternatively give their friendly residents team a call on +44 (0)1392 345001.
The International Student Support website has lots of information to help with your university journey, including applying to study at the University, arranging visas, travelling to Exeter and settling in.