Applying from 1 August onwards
Applications for accommodation received from 1 August onwards are not covered by our Accommodation Guarantee. We expect that demand for University accommodation will be high but we do have a number of rooms for students who did not fall within our guarantee.
Rooms which may be available are likely to be:
For undergraduate students:
- Catered accommodation in shared standard accommodation on the Streatham Campus
- Self-catered standard accommodation in the City Centre
- Self-catered studio accommodation at Birks Grange Village
- A room in temporary accommodation for a short period of time at the start of the academic year
For postgraduate students:
- Self-catered studio accommodation at Birks Grange Village
You are welcome to apply for University accommodation and once we have your application we will keep you up to date with the accommodation situation. We will also give updates in our daily blog which goes live at 10:00am Monday-Friday between 15 August - 15 September 2017.
You may wish to arrange you own accommodation, rather than wait to see if University accommodation becomes available, and if this is the case we recommend that you look for private housing within the city even if you submit an application for University accommodation.
If you do wish to be considered for a place in university owned/managed/approved accommodation if rooms are still available then we encourage you to refer to the information provided below depending on the type of student you are:
If you have put the University of Exeter as your insurance or clearing choice or have received a place through adjustment, you can apply for accommodation at the University of Exeter once your university offer is confirmed. This is likely to be after the guarantee deadline date (31 July). Please refer to the information in the next set of drop-down information for details on how to apply.
How likely am I to be allocated University accommodation?
Priority of places will be given to students with applications supported by WellBeing Services. After that, we will consider each application in date order of receipt. If you submit an application for accommodation, we will provide updates to you via email and will advise all students by the beginning of September if we are able to offer you accommodation. Our blog, which is published daily during A-level period, will also provide updates.
What happens if you are unable to offer me University accommodation?
If we are unable to allocate you to University accommodation, we will point you in the direction of alternative options so you can make your own arrangement for private accommodation in the city.
If you are an International postgraduate student applying for accommodation at the University of Exeter after the guarantee deadline date from 1 August onwards then we will process your applications in date order from when they are received. Please refer to the information in the next set of drop-down information for details on how to apply.
If we are unable to allocate you to University accommodation, we will email you to advise you that this is the case and point you in the direction of alternative options so you can make your own arrangement for private accommodation in the city.
If you are a Home/EU postgraduate student then you do not fall within our accommodation guarantee and if you are applying from 1 August onwards then it is highly unlikely that we will be able to provide you with University accommodation. We strongly recommend that in order to guarantee yourself accommodation that you make your own arrangement for private accommodation in the city.
Information about applying from 1 August onwards
Before you can activate an accommodation account and apply for accommodation you will need to:
- Accept an academic offer and make the University of Exeter your firm choice - undergraduate students only.
- Pay your tuition fee deposit - postgraduate students only.
- Know your University of Exeter Student ID Number (see the information given within our FAQ about retrieving this).
- Have a valid email account/address which you will be able to access after your arrival at university. Do not use your current school/college/University email address as these may become inactive once you leave.
Please note that it may take a couple of days for your firm offer to register on our system, therefore if you are unable to activate an accommodation account immediately, please try on the next day. If after two working days from making your offer firm, it is still not recognising you on our system then please contact us and we can look into this.
We recommend that you watch the following video about activating an account:
The button below will redirect you to the accommodation account in a new window:
Once you have activated your accommodation account, you will be able to apply for accommodation. We recommend that you search for our different room types and decide which residences to apply for.
Students applying from 1 August onwards will be able to have three preferences of accommodation, however, you will be unable to choose specific residences within your application and instead are only able to choose the following:
- Type of accommodation e.g. catered or self-catered
- Room type e.g. standard, en-suite or studio
- Contract length
The application type that you will need to apply for as follows depending on the type of student you are:
- New Undergraduate Applicant - I am a New Undergraduate applying after the Guarantee deadline of July 31st
- New Postgraduate Applicant - I am a New Postgraduate applying after the Guarantee deadline of July 31st
- Full Year Eras/Exch Applicant - I am a New Full Year Erasmus/Exchange student applying after the Guarantee deadline of July 31st
If you receive an offer of accommodation then it will either be for a university owned/ managed/ approved accommodation if rooms are still available and you will have three days in which to accept the offer and pay a deposit.
If you have successfully found private accommodation and no longer require university accommodation then please contact the Accommodation Office and let them know to cancel your current application.