This page provides useful information for arrivals and departures throughout the year.
Before you arrive
- Complete our online induction and read the Resident Handbook. They will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you get to know your University accommodation.
- If you need to buy items such as bedding, pots, pans and crockery you can visit Click2Campus to buy starter packs and other useful items. These can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
- Complete your student registration online.
All keys must be collected and signed for by you, the tenant.
If you arrive outside of the opening hours of your residence reception you may need to find alternative overnight accommodation in the city, and then collect your keys from your reception the next working day.
What do I need to bring?
We have devised two useful checklists for both catered and self-catered accommodation to advise you of what is needed:
There are many items including starter packs and bedding packs available through Click2Campus (please check your residence's webpage for bed sizes). These packs can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
The video below provides hints and tips on what you should and should not bring and shows you what the university provides within residences.
Whether you are:
- Moving out of a catered hall for vacation periods (Christmas, Easter and Summer).
- Moving rooms (please contact us for availability, contractual obligations and advice).
- Leaving University accommodation early (please contact us for contractual obligations and advice).
- At the end of your accommodation contract (see table below).
When you leave
- Read a copy of the moving out guide, provided below. This provides a checklist to ensure you are fully prepared for your departure.
- Return your keys to reception by 10am. Do not leave your keys in your room. If your keys are not returned on the correct date of departure you may incur additional night charges either for additional nights or lost keys.
If you have more questions about your arrival or departure, please contact your residence reception.