MA English Literary Studies : Victorian Studies
The MA English Literary Studies: Victorian Studies offers the opportunity to specialise in Victorian literature and culture as part of our flexible masters programme which has one of the broadest ranges of modules in the UK and expertise across all areas of the discipline. Our students join a vibrant intellectual community of over 100 postgraduate students in the Department of English, renowned for internationally excellent research and for the highest rates of student satisfaction.
The Centre for Victorian Studies is one of the UK’s leading centres for teaching and research in Victorian literature and culture, with leading academics and a unique set of resources and special collections. The Victorian Studies specialism is designed to give you expertise in the full range of the period with an interdisciplinary approach which considers writers such as Charlotte Brontë, Dickens, Elliot, Tennyson and Hardy alongside the work of Charles Darwin, John Stuart Mill, Karl Marx, TH Huxley and others. The programme includes integral training in research methodology, equipping students for a variety of careers and forming an ideal preparation for doctoral research.
Research resources include the renowned Bill Douglas Cinema Museum and the Chris Brooks Collection of Victorian books and periodicals. The library and related resources in Exeter supplement these to provide an outstanding range of original research materials. Postgraduates also benefit from the thriving series of seminars and conferences organised by Exeter’s Centre for Victorian Studies.
MA English Literary Studies pathways
- MA English Literary Studies
- MA English Literary Studies: American and Atlantic Studies
- MA English Literary Studies: Criticism and Theory
- MA English Literary Studies: Enlightenment to Romanticism
- MA English Literary Studies: Film Studies
- MA English Literary Studies: Renaissance Studies
- MA English Literary Studies: Modern & Contemporary
- MA English Literary Studies: Victorian Studies
- MA English Literary Studies: World and Postcolonial Cultures