The MRC Centre of Medical Mycology (MRC CMM) welcomes enquiries from excellent researchers who wish to submit a fellowship application to an external funder (for example UKRI, Wellcome Trust, Royal Society or National Government) and be hosted and mentored by the MRC Centre of Medical Mycology.
Fellowship applicants interested in joining us should contact the member of academic staff closest to their research area or our Research Development Manager at the MRC CMM Dr Vicki Dunn in the first instance to discuss their proposed project and fellowship scheme ideas. We have a strong track record of hosting fellowships funded by both UK and international schemes (e.g. UKRI, BBSRC Discovery Fellows, MRC Developmnet Career Fellows, Royal Society University Research Fellows or Wellcome schemes).
We also welcome enquiries from existing fellowship holders interested in transferring to the MRC CMM at the University of Exeter. It is always useful to include a full academic CV.
Find out more about support and funding available for research fellows:
Please contact our Research Development collegaues Drs Matt Amesbury and Vicki Dunn in the first instance if you have any questions about the process at HLS-Researchcluster@exeter.ac.uk.
Download/see below a file containing summary information of a range of possible fellowship schemes and further information on our internal processes for applicants.
Fellowship applications with the MRC CMM - Expressions of interest
We recommend that you first contact the Centre, or an individual academic to discuss your ideas. If you wish to proceed with an application, we have an internal mentoring process to ensure that the applications we support are of the highest standard and fit the strategic aims of the centre.
To express an interest in a fellowship application:
If you are an external candidate, please complete the form below and attach:
- a 1-2 page summary of your proposed research programme
- your full publication list
- your CV (maximum 2 pages).
Following review of your application, you may be asked to attend a short on-line interview. Only those proposals that are judged to have a good chance of success will be recommended for submission. The decision will be based on the applicant’s track record, the quality of the research and its fit to the proposed funding scheme.
Please note that writing a good fellowship application takes considerable time and input, and therefore we ask that you submit the required documents at least 12 months before the funder’s deadline.
Further information on Fellowships and PhDs within the Biosciences Department can be found here.
We also ask that you take note of the following information:
- Some schemes (for example UKRI Future Leaders’ Fellowships and BBSRC Fellowships) have an additional University level process to determine which applications are approved, and this will be required of all applicants. Recommendation by the MRC CMM is not a guarantee that you will be authorised to proceed.
- In order to manage our resources and avoid competition between applicants, if you are invited to submit a fellowship application, you may be required to defer to a later round of the competition.
- Successful fellowship applications will not automatically translate into a proleptic appointment at the end of the fellowship.
Expression of interest form:
* Fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory