- Develop a critical understanding of contemporary developments in international HRM
- Take advantage of a rich combination of innovative and traditional teaching methods including taught sessions, guest speaker series and activities such as blended and virtual learning
- Forward-thinking programme that enhances technological and digital literacy to drive successful and socially responsible business decisions
- In place of a traditional dissertation, you will work on a virtual consultancy project, providing innovative HRM solutions which address current challenges from real organisations
- Gain the skills and understanding to thrive in a changing, global workplace
UK Business School of the Year
Times Higher Education Awards 2022
Triple accredited Business School
AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
A 2:2 with honours in any discipline. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
Pre-Masters programme for international students
The Graduate Diploma in Management run by the INTO University of Exeter Centre is a pre-Masters programme designed to enhance your subject knowledge, study skills and English ability. Successful completion of the Diploma (subject to achieving the specific grades of entry) gives students from overseas the skills needed for acceptance onto this Masters programme.
Entry requirements for international students
English language requirements
International students need to show they have the required level of English language to study this course. The required test scores for this course fall under Profile B2. Please visit our English language requirements page to view the required test scores and equivalencies from your country.
This programme is available for study 12 months full-time over three terms and is University-based throughout this time.
The taught components of the programme are delivered in the first two terms, leaving the third term and most of the summer to work on a virtual consultancy project. The programme in its entirety runs from September to September.
UK fees per year:
International fees per year:
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have Global Excellence Scholarships available for international fee paying students applying for January 2024 entry and September 2024 entry.* For more information on scholarships, please visit our scholarships and bursaries page.
*Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details of eligible programmes and candidates. Awards may vary from year to year.
Teaching and research
Our research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Exeter Sustainable Finance Centre (ESF)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
The lecturers on the course are extremely supportive – they are always here to answer any questions or address concerns. They are also very accommodating to individual circumstances and always find time to meet with students.
Upon graduation, you will have an enhanced commercial awareness and understanding of the impact of HR decisions on an organisations success from recruitment to retention and talent management strategies for different stages of a company’s growth in an ever changing, global future.
Graduates can look to work in a diverse range of roles including:
- Human Resource Business Partner
- Training and Development Officer
- Organisational Development Advisor
- Recruitment Manager
- Employment Relations Advisor
Developing your skills and career prospects
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our postgraduate Business School careers service web page for more information.
We offer a fantastic Double Degree option
Spend your first year at Exeter and a second year at another world class international institution, resulting in two Masters degrees and the opportunity to expand your knowledge even further.
We offer a fantastic Double Degree option with:
- Grenoble Ecole de Management in France