Awards and league table success
Exeter is a top UK University, according to all four of the main higher education league tables
Each league tables ranks more than 100 UK higher education institutions.
- The Times and the Sunday Times Good University Guide ranks Exeter in 7th position. It says: ‘Exeter is one of Britain’s most popular universities in terms of first-choice applications, not only in its traditional strong suit, the arts, but increasingly in the sciences and social sciences.’
- The Sunday Times in 2012 named Exeter 'Sunday Times University of the Year 2012/13'.
It said: 'Exeter’s success as The Sunday Times University of the Year is richly deserved. Shortlisted for the top award no less than four times in the past decade, it has consistently embodied the very best in British higher education. A key player regionally, nationally and internationally, it has responded to the challenge of £9,000 fees by raising its game more than any other university. Students are benefitting from £380m of investment in facilities – social as well as academic – timed to come on stream at just this moment. This has translated into its highest ever league table ranking (seventh) and outstanding ratings from students’ for teaching quality, assessment and feedback. More than four in five leave with a first or 2:1 and very few drop out. It is not hard to see why.'
- This year’s Guardian league table lists Exeter in 12th position out of 120 higher education institutions. It says: ‘One of the lesser-known recipes for happiness is to live in a place where other people choose to go on holiday…Add to that the fact that the Streatham Campus is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful in the country and that Exeter is rated one of the best universities in the UK for "ents", and it's no wonder that increases in applications far exceed the national average….Exeter has an excellent academic reputation.’
- The Complete University Guide published in the Independent lists Exeter in 10th place.
- Exeter is placed 154th in the world according to the Times Higher Education's World University Rankings.
- The University is ranked 161st in the QS World University Rankings.
A leader in the UK for student satisfaction
Students at the University of Exeter are among the most satisfied in the land according to this year’s National Student Survey.
Exeter has one of the highest National Student Survey rankings in the country and has maintained its top 10 position since the survey was launched eight years ago. In 2014, the University was the top rated Russell Group university and was ranked fourth overall for the most satisfied students.
The Queen's Anniversary Prize
The University has three times been awarded a prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize. The most recent award was made to a team of scientists who have transformed the lives of hundreds of diabetes sufferers.
This is the second Queen's prize won by a member of staff at the Peninsula Medical School. The Dean, Professor John Tooke, won a Queen's Prize in 1996 also for work on diabetes. It is the third Prize won by the University.