Exeter Advanced Technologies (X-AT) undertakes commercially orientated research in advanced manufacturing and materials development.
Fees and funding
Join our inspiring research community
Over 100 PhD studentships available - apply now
Research is at the heart of everything we do at Exeter and to show our commitment to developing the next generation of researchers, during winter 2012/13, we are offering over 100 PhD studentships for 2013 start.
Ranked 7th in The Sunday Times University Guide 2013 and University of the Year in the same publication, we are a Russell Group university with an excellent research reputation. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, all our 31 subjects were assessed as including world-leading (4*) research and nearly 90 per cent of our research was rated as being internationally recognised.
- the opportunity to work with leading experts on research which has an impact on the wider world
- a world-class research environment with £120 million investment in our research infrastructure
- a strong interdisciplinary research culture with opportunities to work at the interface of science, humanities, arts and social sciences
- superb research and teaching training for PhD students through our Researcher Development Programme and Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Programme
Fully funded PhD studentships covering all fees and a maintenance grant for 3 years are available across a wide range of subject areas.* We recommend you check this page regularly to identify new studentship opportunities as awards are subject to change.
- Clinical Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Physics and Astrophysics
- Sport and Health Sciences
* Please check individual awards for eligibility and funding available.