Business and Management 2018/19
- 6th for Business and Management Studies in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 15th for Business Studies in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- 10th for Business, Management & Marketing in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- 2nd for Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism, in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- 73% of research is world-leading or internationally excellent
Our academic staff engage in teaching, research and consulting across a broad range of management disciplines, including:
- Marketing: marketing communication, brand marketing, consumer culture and advertising
- Operations and Supply Management: business process modelling and innovation management
- Human Resource Management: employee resourcing, development and relations
- Entrepreneurship: high-tech start-ups, new venture investment decisions and small firm finance
- Innovation: new models of innovating including open innovation and responsible innovation
- Tourism: the consumer landscape, tourism and EU engagement and tourism entrepreneurship
- Leadership: leader emergence, women in leadership, governance, reputation and responsibility, relational leadership, networks and trust, and performance and mindful leadership
The Business School now offers a MSc Marketing programme that can be completed 100% online and is conducted through our virtual learning community. You can enrol and enjoy access to course materials 24/7 and take classes at a time that works for you.
Course materials and assessments will be presented in a variety of ways. You’ll collaborate with other students, challenge yourself academically and make an impact in your personal and professional life. A Student Support Adviser works with you from enrolment to the completion of your programme to help you gain the support and confidence you need to finish your degree. Find out more about our online programmes.
We host a number of leading research centres that capitalise on our academic expertise, such as the Centre for Leadership Studies and Centre for Innovation and Service Research. And, focusing on a number of management issues, our academics have attracted competitive grants from funding bodies such as the ESRC, ERC, GW4 and HEFCE.
73% of our Management research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent. Covering themes from Human Resource Management, International Business, Organisational Behaviour and Leadership to Marketing, Hospitality, Sustainability, Tourism, People and Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, we investigate related issues such as identity, responsibility, innovation, consumers and behaviour, talent, teams and networks, and learning and education.
And, with academics throughout the department working at the forefront of developments in their field, their work is regularly published in leading international journals including Tourism Management, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Management Studies, Organisation Studies, Organisation, Human Resource Management, Human Relations, Industrial Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, European Journal of Marketing and Work, Employment and Society.
I chose the MSc International Management because it’s not an ordinary postgraduate programme – it combines theory and practice from the very first day to ensure that students are well prepared for a career in global management. This approach really helped me build confidence and take a more ‘hands on’ approach to study.
Michael Young, MSc International Management
Degrees in Exeter
- MSc International Management
- MBA - The Exeter MBA
- MSc Marketing
- MSc/PgDip Human Resource Management
- MSc International Tourism Management
- MRes Management
- MRes Global Political Economy