- IfATE Level 7 Senior People Professional Degree Apprenticeship
- MSc Applied Human Resource Management
- Eligibility for Chartered Member status with the CIPD
- Designed for current professional managers who want to drive improvements in HR. Apprentices will champion the people agenda, creating work environments and cultures that get their workforce delivering their best
- This applied programme will equip apprentices with the knowledge, skills, and behaviours needed to succeed within the human resource management (HRM) arena
- Apprentices will explore the latest research evidence, and experience of people management in practice, and gain a firm grounding within the HRM subject area, encompassing all of the various facets of the employee lifecycle – from recruitment to discharge
- The programme is designed to follow the latest professional standards as described by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Suitable for a range of professionals operating in the HRM field. Specific job roles relevant for this degree apprenticeship may include (but are not necessarily limited to): Human Resource Director/Manager, People Director, Chief People Officer, Head of HR, Human Resource Officer/Advisor, Talent Acquisition Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Learning and Development Manager/Advisor/Director
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
Triple accredited business school
Accredited by AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
Two year fast-track programme
Learn from experienced faculty, uniquely positioned across research and practice
A second-class honours degree or equivalent and at least three years’ experience at a professional managerial level. Level 2 Maths and English will need to be evidenced prior to end-point assessment (EPA).
Candidates must be in a role that supports the gathering of the portfolio evidence required for the Senior Professional People EPA and associated modules.
Individual employers may set additional selection criteria in discussion with the University.
Applicants must have a valid and eligible residency status to gain entry onto the apprenticeship – please see the ESFA guidance for further information.
How to apply
Selection to this programme is made by employers; candidates should already hold a post with the employer and continue working for them throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. The candidate should initially speak to their HR department and/or manager to gain sign off to undertake this apprenticeship.
Once the employer agrees for the candidate to apply for the apprenticeship, the candidate should then email businessDAS@exeter.ac.uk requesting an admissions pack. If successful, the applicant will be offered a place at the University, and then a place on the programme. Further information will then be sent by our team about how to enrol as an apprentice.
Full programme cost: £19,000
This apprenticeship is entirely funded through an Employers’ Apprenticeship Levy. Your employer fully covers the cost of the apprenticeship, apprentices do not pay for any of the eligible training costs. As an apprentice you will be an employee of your organisation, gaining a University of Exeter award alongside working and earning a salary.
Employers who pay the Apprenticeship Levy will pay for the apprenticeship fees directly through that contribution. See further information on the Apprenticeship Levy funding.
Employers who do not pay the Levy will be able to claim 95 per cent of the cost of the apprenticeship from the Government. Up to 100 per cent Government contribution may be available if the employer has fewer than 50 employees and:
- Recruits an apprentice aged 16-18
- OR an apprentice aged 19-24 who has previously been in care or who has a local authority education, health and care plan
Employers must pay their apprentices a salary at least consistent with national legislation.
Funding eligibility criteria
- To be eligible for funding you must meet the criteria listed in the ESFA guidance. Full guidance is available here.
- The apprentice must have a valid and eligible residency status to gain entry onto the apprenticeship – please see the ESFA guidance for further information.
People are the heart of your business and you need strong HR leadership to improve HR practices in your organisation, driving performance and effectiveness. Invest in your people to build a team who champion the people agenda, creating working environments and cultures that help get the best out of your workforce, delivering great organisational outcomes.
The Senior People Professional Degree Apprenticeship will encourage critical thinking through a combination of problem-based and inquiry-led learning. As a result, apprentices will be able to apply their new knowledge, skills, and behaviours to a variety of workplace situations.
Topics covered on this programme include:
- Resourcing and talent management
- Human resource development
- Employment law
- Employee relations
- Performance management
- Reward management
- HRM strategy
- Research skills and project management
- HR analytics
Approximately 20 per cent of an apprentice's contractual working time will be given over to study. Our model is designed to be flexible around the needs of apprentices and workloads. No weekly day-release is required, mitigating disruption of their daily role and ensuring maximum flexibility.
The blended learning format incorporates:
- Face-to-face masterclasses
- Peer-led enquiry groups
- Module specific seminars
- Academic study skills
- Online learning platform
- Varied assesments including examinations, assignments and presentations
Alongside studying for their level 7 apprenticeship, successful apprentices will also be awarded the University of Exeter MSc Applied Human Resource Management and be eligible to apply for Chartered Member status with the CIPD after completing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours of the apprenticeship standard. Below is the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan:
This programme will enable apprentices to develop the professional and HR skills and subject expertise that will help them to further and excel in their career. Apprentices will be able to improve HR practices in their organisation, helping to drive performance and effectiveness.
This programme is designed for organisations looking to train and recruit professional managers who can drive improvements within your HR department and practices. While learning all they need to succeed in a senior HR management role, apprentices will champion the people agenda, creating work environments and cultures that get your workforce delivering their best.
Apprentices develop a rounded knowledge base by studying topics including resourcing and talent management, employee relations, performance management, reward management, HRM strategy and HR analytics. Work-relevant assessments will embed academic study, generating strong professional impact.
Fantastic facilities, outstanding teaching, world-leading research and exceptional graduate employability are just a few of the reasons we think you'll love it here. Find out what our students say about choosing Exeter.
Studying at our campuses in Devon or Cornwall means you'll have some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the UK on your doorstep. Find out about student life at Exeter and the huge range of sports, clubs and societies on offer.
One University, two locations
We have around 20,000 students across our three campuses in Devon and Cornwall which means we offer the academic excellence and facilities you'd expect of a major university but also a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.