Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University, including free counselling.
Supporting your team with their mental health including managing stress
- 'Leaders' and Managers' Mental Health and Stress Toolkit'
- 'Supporting the Mental Wellbeing of your Team’ training
- The Stress Indicator Tool (SIT) is an online survey tool that teams can use to help identify workplace stressors and plan improvements.
- The 'Managing Mental Health and Stress Standard' sets out processes for managing stress at the University and links to relevant resources and support.
- The 'Team Pressures Risk Assessment' tool provides a structure for managers to explore work pressures within their teams.
- There is also an 'Employee Workplace Pressures Risk Assessment' tool individual employees and managers can do together to reduce stress.
- It can be helpful to go through one of Mind’s ‘Wellness Action Plans’ (workplace, remote and hybrid) with your team member so you can both explore how you can support them more with their wellbeing.
- Line-managers who require advice on supporting the workplace health needs of a member of their team are encouraged to complete a Management Referral to Occupational Health.
Further training available
- Zero Suicide Alliance offer free online training on talking about suicide (30m) | Our suicide page
- Manager's Guidance for Post-COVID Work Arrangements: Skills for Supportive Conversations
- Supporting Staff Mental Health for Line Managers (Cornwall Campus)
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader (ILM Level 2 Module)
Tools and pages to recommend your team exploring
- Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University.
- Index of Wellbeing support (A-Z of support)
- Mental Health support
- Self-care tips
Here are some useful infographics from an organisation called BelievePerform we suscribe to. Once you click on any of the below you can then scroll through all of the images. You can then download these (by right clicking -> 'Save images as'). You can then zoom in for greater clarity.