For further information please send an emails to AskAnAlum@exeter.ac.uk.
Ask An Alum
Ask An Alum is a simple and reliable way to connect University of Exeter alumni with current Exeter students or recent graduates to answer their careers questions via a short email exchange.
With over 27,000 current students and thousands more recent graduates we are always seeking alumni volunteers to share their experiences and careers information on:
• their job roles;
• working for certain organisations or as an entrepreneur;
• employment in their choosen industries and sectors;
• what is it like living and working in different town/cities and countries around the world;
• using their degree in their careers.
- Alumni register as a volunteer on Ask An Alum.
- We advertise and promote the opportunity to speak to you by email to our students and graduates.
- Students and recent graduates apply to Ask An Alum telling us why they want to speak to you, which we will review.
- We contact you to check it is still convenient to introduce you by email, if yes we introduce you to student or graduate, for you to have a short email exchange.
- We will remove your profile from view of potential applicants for 4 weeks then publish it again.
- Every 3 years we email to ask do the Alumni want to update details and or be removed from list for a set period/ removed from list for good.
- We share that you have volunteered through our scheme with the Alumni Team.
- A flexible, ad-hoc virtual volunteering opportunity
- Help a student or graduate at the beginning of their career by sharing your career experiences
- Develop your own information and advice giving skills
- Reflect upon your own career achievements
- Gain an insight into current student life
- Make a future professional contact
- Give back to the University of Exeter
Please complete this Ask An Alum: Alumni Registration Form and we will be back in touch by email as soon as possible with the next steps.