English language requirements
Your English language skills will need to be at a certain level to study at the University of Exeter. Please see the relevant page on our study sites for further details:
- Undergraduate English language requirements
- Postgraduate Taught English language requirements
- Postgraduate Research English language requirements
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, our 6, 10 and 18 week Pre-sessional courses will be running both online and on campus from April to August 2021.
- Find out more about the Presessional English course on the INTO website
- Download a Pre-sessional English brochure 2022 (.pdf)
If you have taken any other acceptable test and wish to confirm if a pre-sessional English course is required or recommended, please contact us.
If you successfully complete a pre-sessional course at INTO University of Exeter and meet the progression requirements for entry to your academic programme of study, it is not necessary to undertake an additional IELTS or TOEFL test. Please note that we do not accept pre-sessional courses delivered by other INTO centres or organisations.
If you do not meet the pre-sessional entry requirements, the Centre also offers an Academic English course. This course will be offered online only from June to September 2020.