Skip to main content

Applying for a visa

'Student' visas replace Tier 4 visas: From 5 October 2020, the new Student visa route replaces Tier 4. CAS issued before 5 October are still valid for the Student visa. Most of the requirements remain the same but there are a few changes. This website has been updated with the new rules as much as possible and will continue to be revised as more guidance is released over the coming weeks.

Access our service: We run regular live webinars on applying for your visa and other important topics, and our trained immigration advisers are also available for a range of 1:1 digital drop-ins/appointments for students already in the UK and those currently applying for visas. We can also meet students on-campus if you really need to see us in person. Book a webinar or to speak with an adviser HERE. You can also email us at

Covid-19 updates: Find our latest Covid-19 immigration information and other key information for international students HERE.

Most international fee-paying students will need some form of visa to come to the UK. Find out what immigration permission you require below.

» Online events

Join our live webinars to help you prepare a successful immigration application. 

» Student visa

This visa type is for students studying a course longer than 6 months.

» Visitor visa

This type of visa is for student studying in the UK for 6 months or less.

» Travel visas

Visas for visiting Europe (Schengen area), or for inviting friends and family to visit you in the UK.

» Working visas

Visas for remaining in the UK and working after your studies.

» Visa conditions

Ensure you comply with your visa conditions to protect your immigration status within the UK.