Private housing support and advice
There are a number of different teams within the University who can offer you support when you are looking for accommodation or living in the private sector:
The Students' Guild offer:
- free independent advice if you have any contractual issues with landlords
- free advice if you have any issues with your housemates
- an annual Accommodation Fair where they invite landlords and large private providers to attend in order to show students what private options are available. The Accommodation Fair for students looking for private accommodation for 2020/21 is on Thursday 28 November in the Great Hall between 11:00am-2:00pm.
See the Guild Advice webpage for further information about the support they can provide.
The Community team:
- offer advice and support once you are living within the city through private housing via the Community Wardens
The Accommodation Office team:
- maintain a list of properties and rooms available in the city via Studentpad
- bespoke information and advice via our weekly Accommodation Blog
Students' Guild advice
See what advice the Students' Guild give about your private accommodation search.