Private housing support and advice
There are a number of different teams within the University who can offer you support when you are looking for accommodation or living in the private sector:
The Students' Guild offer:
- free independent advice if you have any contractual issues with landlords
- free advice if you have any issues with your housemates
See the Guild Advice webpage for further information about the support they can provide.
The Community team:
- offer advice and support once you are living within the city through private housing via the Community Wardens
The Accommodation Office team:
- maintain a list of properties and rooms available in the city via Studentpad
- run an Accommodation Fair in the Great Hall on the Streatham Campus - usually towards the end of term 1
- bespoke information and advice through our website and joint campaign with the Guild of Students
Students' Guild advice
See what advice the Students' Guild give about your private accommodation search.