Read our guest blog post about 'Life in catered halls'.
You can find your perfect catered residence by browsing this section or searching for accommodation.
Services and facilities
- Some residences have a communal TV within a lounge area, study area, tennis courts or other facilities.
- A limited cleaning service is provided in communal areas.
- Paid laundry facilities on some sites within close walking distance (£2.70 per wash cycle and £1.35 per drying cycle for 2018/19 academic year). See information about the 'Circuit Laundry' app which can be downloaded via the Apple Store or by Google Play (Android). The app allows you to add funds to your laundry account via PayPal or Credit/Debit card. Find out further information in our How to use the Circuit Laundry app.
- Bike storage.
- Utility room (where provided) will usually have a sink, microwave and work surfaces for preparing drinks and light snacks.
- Members of the Residence Life Team are available for help and advice on welfare and other matters.
- An elected student committee who arrange the social events including Christmas parties, balls, films and trips.
- Insurance cover for your personal belongings
- Heating, lighting and water charges are included in the cost.
- Your rent includes breakfast and evening meal seven days a week. At the weekends students are provided with a continental breakfast, brunch and dinner.
- Dining facilities are in the hall in where you live or close by and are canteen-style service. Meal times are approximately one and a half hours.
- A vegetarian choice is always available.
- Replacement meals can be requested.
- Those with special dietary requirements should contact the residence manager on arrival. We do not provide Kosher meals but Halal meat may be provided.
Please contact us to discuss any specific requirements.
Read our Checklist to see some of the items you might want to bring.