The following contacts, services and venues have been provided to help event organisers:
Event specialists: Event Exeter
Event Exeter are an experienced conference management team, who can help you manage your event from bid preparation through to post-event evaluation.
Event Exeter's role is to work with internal clients, as well as to source and develop external commercial partners who wish to use academic venues for their own events.
The team can support you to identify and book the required space, arrange catering, manage technical support, social events and activities, as well as providing delegate registration and management.
No job is too big or small. The Event Exeter team are happy to liaise with you on your requirements, allowing you to work on the content and programme within your specialist field.
Event specialists: FX Plus
The FX Plus Event Management Service offers a bespoke, professional package, covering all aspects of Event Management on Penryn Campus; from programming your event and marketing, through to the welcoming and administration of delegates.
From the initial concept to the final invoice, FX Plus provide a tailor-made support package for events, taking away the time consuming administrative tasks.
FX Plus offer:
- Bespoke event management service
- On-line delegate payment and joining instructions
- Negotiations with local accommodation providers
- Email and telephone enquiry line and booking office
- Developing social programme
- Academic programming/co-ordination of speakers
- Registration desk at event
- Undertaking customer feedback
- Dedicated Conference Manager and Conference Officers as required
- Exhibition logistics
- On-site AV and IT services and assistance
Self service: Streatham and St Luke's
- The University room bookings portal allows you to make room reservations on Streatham and St Luke's campuses
- Audiovisual and IT bookings for Exeter IT can be made through SID
- Fresh Ideas is the University's internal catering service
- For facilities management, including posters, cleaning, room setup and transport queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For visitor car parking on Streatham Campus in Car Park C (visitor car park) or Car Park A, contact email@example.com
- If your event involves any security considerations, contact Estate Patrol: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dan Nicholl, Head of Security: D.Nicoll@exeter.ac.uk
- Outdoor spaces are available to use on Streatham and St Luke's Campuses. If you are looking to use an outdoor space or host an outdoor grassed event on campus, the outdoor event request form must be completed and please ensure you read the Outdoor events terms and conditions
Self service: Penryn
- To book rooms on Penryn Campus, email: email@example.com
- For visitor car parking on Penryn Campus, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audiovisual and IT bookings can be made through email@example.com
- Catering can be ordered through FX Plus.
- Facilities management, including porters, cleaning, room setup and transport queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can use the self-service portal to log new incidents and service requests, view the status of your logged calls and update as necessary. Instructions on how to log in and use the portal are available on the FXPlus webpages.
- Teaching spaces are available to staff through the room bookings portal (though additional charges may apply for services - eg out of hours opening/closing and AV support, or catering). These are available throughout the year, although the University's key spaces are reserved for Event Exeter out of term time (reservations are released with six weeks' notice if no bookings are made).
- Conference venues (out of term time) and non-teaching spaces on campus are available to hire through Event Exeter
- Reed Hall is the University's conferencing and events centre, based on Streatham Campus.
- A number of hotels in Exeter have conferencing facilities. For recommendations, please visit the Finance Services Travel SharePoint pages, Hotels - Preferential Rates.
- Outdoor spaces are available to use on Streatham and St Luke's Campuses. If you are looking to use an outdoor space, the outdoor event request form must be completed and please ensure you read the Outdoor events terms and conditions
- Teaching spaces on Penryn Campus can be booked by emailing email@example.com
- Tremough Innovation Centre has meeting rooms and spaces available to hire
- The Greenbank Hotel is a University recommended supplier. In addition to accommodation there are function rooms available for the events
- Pendennis Castle is also a recommended location in Falmouth
- Event Exeter are able to provide assistance with venue finding for events and conferences
- For smaller events and workshops in the UK, we recommend using a free service such as venuefinder.com or Google
- If you are seeking a cost effective venue in London for academic workshops, society meeting venues such as SCI are recommended
- For larger events and finding conferencing facilities abroad, the University's approved suppliers is Key Travel, who provide information on venues and travel / accommodation options
Costs to expect from venues
Venues typically charge a day delegate rate (DDR, which includes lunch and refreshments) or a 24 hour delegate rate (the latter includes accommodation, dinner, and breakfast).
Typical costs for a DDR will generally be between £25 to £45, and £120-£180 for a 24-hour rate.
Additional charges for audio-visual equipment and other services may apply.
Audio-visual (AV) equipment
- If you require AV support (eg for a video link) at Streatham, St Luke's or RILD, this can be logged through SID
- Audio-visual and IT bookings on Penryn Campus can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours or dedicated technical support will incur costs
- If your event requires additional or bespoke AV (eg PA, staging, lighting,) Warwick Events Services are a University recommended supplier
- Fresh Ideas is the University's catering service for Streatham and St Luke's Campuses
- Catering is provided by Falmouth Exeter Plus on the Penryn Campus
- Ensure you know what your funder will cover - alcohol is normally an ineligible cost
- If your budget is tight, caterers will normally be able to work with a set figure
Exeter Student Ambassador Scheme
If extra support is required for the execution of an event, it is possible to request assistance via the Exeter Student Ambassador Scheme.
For single bookings (please specify the campus on which the event is based on the booking form) please use the Ambassador bookings form.
Please note, this service is chargeable.