The Solutions Delivery function enables new IT services and digital products in-order to meet the strategic goals of our teaching, research and professional service teams. The function encompasses both in-house development and third-party delivery services across the entire project and development life cycles. The function also provides advanced support (3rd and 4th line interfaces) for our application and platform estate. The department is made up of a number of teams:
- Development – This team maintains all the existing systems (such as SITS, BART, Trent, HPC etc.) This encompasses system maintenance (managing, upgrading, making changes) and the development of new systems, products and solutions. They also develop and maintain all the integrations that link everything together.
- Test and Release - Our test and release function provides for full test capability along with a partnership approach with Service Management to the release of new solution and product into our business teams.
- PMO - There is a fully fledged Project Management Office that manages and supports all projects and programmes, it encompasses a team of project managers, business analysts and project support officers and manages the IT Delivery Portfolio.
- Research IT - Supports all research bids and subsequent projects. This team provides a range of extensive skills and experiences either directly into the large research projects or in part for those smaller initiatives. This team also implements and supports our extensive research storage and compute (HPC) solutions across all of our research teams including those based in Penryn.
- Vendors and Partners - The Vendor Management team manages all the contracts with the IT suppliers from preparation to cessation. They also facilitate the supplier relationship management work.