Do also let us know if you have any feedback on these web pages (as we are constantly updating them).
The Occupational Health team can also help you with expert confidential advice and support.
If you are unsure which team to contact feel free to email either Colleague Wellbeing or Occupational Health as we work closely together and will ensure you receive the support you need.
We all feel lonely sometimes, but the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak can make it harder. Here are some support options and resources available to you.
Support available for loneliness:
- Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University.
Try something new
- Staff Life is a great place to start if you fancy trying something new. You can explore activities taking place at Streatham and St Luke's. Joining a group is a great way to meet new people. There are online and physical options to suit your current circumstances.
- The University of Exeter Chaplaincy can offer support and an opportunity to connect.
- NHS: Coping with Loneliness during Covid-19.
- Meetup is a platform for finding and building local communities. People use Meetup to meet new people, learn new things, find support, get out of their comfort zones, and pursue their passions, together.
- The Access to Work Mental Health Support - a confidential service delivered by Remploy funded by the Department of Works and Pensions is available at no charge to any employees with depression, anxiety, stress or other mental health issues affecting their work.
- NHS Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)- an NHS support you can refer yourself directly to for talking therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, other therapies and guided self-help. Local IAPT services are listed below:
- NHS Talkworks (Devon)
- NHS Outlook South West (Cornwall)
- Steps2Wellbeing (Dorset)
- Plymouth Options (Plymouth)
- Somerset Partnership Talking Therapies (Somerset)
- VitaMinds (Bristol, N.Somerset, S.Gloucestershire)
- B&NES Talking Therapies (Bah & N.E. Somerset)
- If you live outside of these areas, you can find your local service using the NHS IAPT Search Tool.