Spectrum Life is our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential, neutral service provided by an external company to support colleagues at the University, including free counselling.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing
Evidence suggests that taking these five steps can help you feel more positive and able to get the most out of life.
- Connect with other people - e.g. talk to someone new or put some time aside to ask how someone really is.
- Be physically active - e.g. go for a lunchtime walk or take the stairs not the lift.
- Pay attention to the present moment - e.g. practice mindfulness or embrace nature.
- Learn new skills - e.g. sign up for a course or training webinar.
- Give to others - e.g. volunteer your time or donate to a fundraiser for a charity you care about.