Training Level 3: Mental Health First Aid (England)
Level 3 training is a 2 day programme. Like level 2 training, these sessions are also in person and delivered by practitioners from the University of Exeter Wellbeing Services Team, who are MHFA England registered.
- Understand the factors underlying poor mental health
- Identify the signs and symptoms of a range of mental health conditions
- Listen non-judgementally and hold supportive conversations
- Discuss suicide and how to have a conversation with someone in crisis
- Use a five point action plan to provide MHFA to someone experiencing poor mental health or in crisis
- Signpost (or refer) people to professional help, recognising that their role as a MHFAider does not replace the need for ongoing support
- Raise awareness of how and where to access appropriate support for yourself after contact with a suicidal student
MHFA England courses do not teach people to be counsellors or diagnosis. Instead, the course prepares them to act as a point of contact, reassure a person who may be experiencing poor mental health, and signpost them to professional support.
Implementing MHFAiders – guide for employers.
Book onto level 3 training
The Level 3 training is now available. Please book here.
If you have any enquiries, please email WellbeingTrainingTeam@exeter.ac.uk